At Meredith Primary, all children are valued and are provided with opportunities in a safe, nurturing environment that will empower them to become life-long learners. We strive to have our parents, teachers and community members actively involved in children’s learning.
At the end of 2018 we engaged in a community consultative process to establish new school values that not only the school felt important, but also the wider Meredith community. The four values that were decided on were:
Over the 2019 school year our staff, students and community established a clear and consistent understanding of what these values look like in action in the classrooms, in the playground and in the community.
In 2020 we continue to support and uphold these values through our learning journey.
These values support the foundation of the focus on the learning and development of every student so they will be;
- Resilient learners
- Responsible citizens
- Creative thinkers and
- Reflective, well-developed individuals
Our motto, ‘Achieving together’ is promoted in the following ways:
- We provide a happy, caring and safe environment that promotes an enthusiasm for life-long learning; maximising and
celebrating individual and collective achievement.
- We create a learning environment where students are encouraged to work co-operatively with others.
- We encourage children to respect one another by valuing diversity within the school and the wider community.
- Our educational practices are evidence based and aim to engage each child in a culturally rich, challenging and
- We value the use of innovative tools for our children’s’ learning in a dynamic and technological world.
- We promote strong home-school partnerships, and seek ways to involve, and be involved in, the wider community.
- We strive to have a school that is inclusive, welcoming and supportive of all children’s learning.